Everything is Great, Apart for 1 Minor Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squit

Cadet
Hello,

After many hours building and setting up FreeNAS and Plex over the weekend everything has been going great, all running great, and after reading many tutorial here and having 0 experience with any linux system things went well. So Thank you for all the great tutorials here.

So here's my system info before I begin, i threw in a old gpu so I would have all RAM (Probably a non issue is it? Worth taking out leaving in? 10w power draw all it is) CPU is a stop gap until I upgrade my gaming PC with broadwell in future, then NAS will have a i5 although CPU currently does do 2 trans codes at a time ok,

Have 2 x 2TB and 2 x 500gb both setup as mirror - (Right way to go as far as I'm aware)

yu3FhO4.png

Now the issue I have is that when I add files to the NAS, everything is great in that department uploading at 100mb/s comfortably

arTihCA.png

But every time i scan for the media on plex it will not pick it up until i tick the box below, but that resets every time afterwards and have to do it every time I add something to NAS. Is that a normal thing? or am I being a noob :eek:

3AGvNHn.png

Sorry if it was long a winded, but tried to be concise as possible as well thanking every body for their help :rolleyes:

Squit

Cadet
Seems like I have ran into another issue, when I shutdown freenas, Plex no longer works as in doesn't pickup the server until I re install. Service is off in services but I cannot turn it on I click it and it stays off

The share still works as I can access it through windows fine.

Glorious1

Guru
What sharing protocol are you using? In the share settings for that dataset, Advanced Mode, check the default file permissions and default directory permissions and make sure they are what you need for plex.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
If you shutdown your FreeNAS box of course Plex won't work. Your server needs to be on for that to happen. You should change the mask for your cifs protocol to something like 0755 for directories and 0766 for files.

Squit

Cadet
sorry should of explained better, when i shutdown or restart when it boots back up plex service stays on off until i delete reinstall and go through downloading all metadata. ive tried clicking it but it stays off for some reason. but everything else is now working perfect so thanks for that.

Squit

Cadet
So after reading a little more for a diagnose i understand 8GB without jails is minimum, with need to be going with more + 1GB per TB of data, that said I have just ordered a 8gb stick and will let everyone know the outcome :D

Squit

Cadet
Can confirm, put another 8gb ram in system and all is working great! Plex service is on on reboot and everything else works great! probably when I upgrade my gaming rig the I5 in this will make it run even sweeter!

5GNv6OI.png
:)

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yay! Glad you got it figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.