Even with LUC, new iSCSI LUN's not showing up on initiator until FreeNAS reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using 8.3 and I think that I have followed all of the instructions for how to get iSCSI targets to automatically show up on hosts, but I must be missing something. I enabled the LUC with all of the defaults, restarted iSCSI as well as rebooted, but new LUN's added to my target still don't show up on the host w/o rebooting or restarting the iSCSI service. This seems like a solved problem so I'm looking for help to figure out where I've gone wrong. Is there a log that will tel me if the LUC is misconfigured?

Here are my settings, let me know if you need others:
iSCSI Portal Config : 1 iSCSI NIC set to 192.168.1.1 (Set explicitly on settings page as well)

Target Global Config :
Base Name : iqn.2013-05.internal.testlocation
Disc Auth Method : CHAP
Disc Auth Group : 1 (my default, it's the only one that I defined in "Authorized Access")
Controller IP : 127.0.0.1
Controller Port : 3261
Controller Authorized Network : 127.0.0.1/8
Controller Auth Method : CHAP
Controller Auth Group : 1 (my default, it's the only one that I defined "Authorized Access")

Targets :
Target Name : node1target
Portal Group ID : 1 (the only one I have)
Initiator Group ID : 1 (the only one I have)
Auth Method : CHAP
Auth Group : 1

Thanks!!
-Justin

It is just the Windows Server 2012 Initiator, no 3rd party app. To give you a better picture of where I'm coming from, I am trying to move off of Nexenta, and when I added a new LUN to a target in that system, I just did a drive rescan in Drive Manager in Windows 2012 and it always showed up immediately. Hope that helps.
Thanks for helping, I REALLY want to dump Nexenta, but I can't w/o verifying everything that I need actually works.
-Justin

This may be of note as well since the opposite action does not work either - If I delete the LUN mapping as well as the Device Extent to the zVol that I'm sharing I can still read/write data as if nothing happened on the storage side.... Make any sense?
-Justin

J

jpaetzel

Are you adding and removing LUNs to an existing target? The iSCSI daemon can reload when a target is added or removed, but not edited. Which effectively means one LUN per target.

LenVolkov

Cadet
@ jpaetzel, do you know if future release will allow adding/removing LUNs withought reloading iSCSI deamon? Current release is 9.2.1.5 and i still have to reload iSCSI deamon in order of my ESXi 5.5 update1 to see the lun. Also, under associated target tab if i choose LUN ID 5, regardless ESXi will add it as it thinks appropriate to its order could be 1 or 2 ...
@ Justin i am also trying to move from Nexenta over to an alternative storage solution, just wondering what did you decide doing
PS: FreeNAS performance are so much better, on the same hardware, then Nexenta

Status
Not open for further replies.