Error when restoring from Time Machine Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesimmo

Cadet
Hi Guys,

My Mac has been running slow for weeks and the apple store suggested that I do a fresh install of OS X and then restore from Time Machine. After checking that I have a current back up on my FreeNAS box, I formatted my HDD. Once the install had finished I click the option to restore from Time Machine Back-Up. It sees the server as a time capsule but when I go to restore I get the error telling me that it can't access the drive because it may be in use. It then tells me there is one backup found but that there are "No volumes found in backup".

As luck would have it I also used Carbon Copy Cloner to do a full disk backup to a disk image stored on the NAS. However because it's a disk image I can't boot from it and if I copy it to the HDD in my MacBook that won't fix the slow performance as it's a bit for bit copy including the OS.

Any help you can give me would be great. And if you need any more info please let me know and I'll see what I can work out.

Many Thanks

Paul

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
To address the "may be in use" issue, the first thing I would try, if you haven't already, is restarting the FreeNAS box.

Status
Not open for further replies.