SOLVED Error on Update->Check Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianRW

Cadet
Hello,

Noob to the forums but not to FreeNAS. I hope this is in the correct forum.

For a long time I had FreeNAS installed on a system (I was up to 9.2.X). For various reasons I decided to upgrade by instilling fresh FreeNAS-9.10-RELEASE

Under Update I see the following:
index.php

Current Train remains at Loading (...) and the dropdown it empty.

More concerning is the error thrown when I click Check Now.

index.php

The host in the Exception Value is the IP to my router. This error occurs whether I have my CA imported or not.

If anyone can offer any insight into resolving this problem, i would appreciate it.

Thanks for your consideration.
B

EDIT: I just tried FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201604041648, with the same result.

Attachments

• freenas_-_FreeNAS-9_10-RELEASE__2def9c8_.png
    freenas_-_FreeNAS-9_10-RELEASE__2def9c8_.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 735
  • freenas_-_FreeNAS-9_10-RELEASE__2def9c8_ 2.png
    freenas_-_FreeNAS-9_10-RELEASE__2def9c8_ 2.png
    972.7 KB · Views: 731
Last edited:

BrianRW

Cadet
More information:

I have now tried FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201603252134 with the same results. I have also run update-freenas from the shell with these results. it's a little cleaner than the images so posting here.

[root@freenas ~]# freenas-update update

Unable to load http://update-master.freenas.org/FreeNAS/FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE/LATEST: Host 192.168.2.254 returned an invalid certificate ([SSL:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590))

Unable to load [u'http://update-master.freenas.org/FreeNAS/FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE/LATEST']: Host 192.168.2.254 returned an invalid certificate ([SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590))

Host 192.168.2.254 returned an invalid certificate ([SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590))

Received exception during download phase, cannot update

BrianRW

Cadet
## Sorry, I don't see where to mark this problem resolved ##

Doh! Now I feel like a dope!

My squid (and/or squidGuard proxy filter) was causing this problem. I'll have to spend some time to figure to exactly what part of it was causing the problem. But, for now I set squid so that my FreeNAS server bypasses the proxy server.

Something changed in a previous version. I never had to bypass the proxy for my FreeNAS server in the past.

Thanks anyway. Crawling back under my rock.

BrianRW

Cadet
I know that the problem has since been fixed in 9.10. I can set System>General>Protocol to HTTPS and the issues no longer occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.