Error Installing Nextcloud (Solved)

airbornespoon

Dabbler
I have my Freenas all setup and running and I’ve transferred like 3TB of movies to it. Now I’m trying to install Nextcloud and I get an error. And its not only Nextcloud its any plugin, they all give the same error. It goes through the whole downloading process and everything, but after like a minute it comes up saying,

[EFAULT] Exception: URLError:< urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known > occured, destroyed nextcloud.

Does anyone know what the problem is here? Because I cant seem to find anything on google or anywhere.

I'm running a Biostar TA970
AMD 4core 2.6ghz Athalon
8GB Ram
2x WD Red 10TB HDD

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 439

seedz

Dabbler
Seems like a network configuration error.

Did you set the gateway / DNS ?

nojohnny101

Wizard

airbornespoon

Dabbler

Redcoat

MVP
I suggest you try:
Putting the IP address of your router (gateway) into the IPv4 address
If you have DNS entries in your router, put the router address in the 3 Nameserver, fields. If the DNS addresses are not in your router, try 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 in the first two Nameserver fields.
Nothing in the IPv6 field, nor the Host Name database field.
Be calm...

nojohnny101

Wizard
I have the gateway and hostname set to the same thing as my router and it still says the same error.
Oh sorry, did you state that in your original post? I must have missed that.

The error message tells you exactly what is wrong. As @Redcoat has stated, check that your DNS is set correctly (as outlined in the manual).

airbornespoon

Dabbler
So either it didn't work or i put the info in the wrong spot, i entered all that info on the global config page, is that the right spot?
the .254 address is what i type in to access my router is that the address you meant? and i tried it with those blank with the addres in the pic, tried with 1.1.1.1, and i also tried them with the 8.8.8.8 that was suggested
as you can see on my router i have the 1.1.1.1 for my DNS
also the wan default gateway on my router and the wan IP on the router are slightly different as one is .01 and one is .33 is one of those addresses what i need to put somewhere?
the manual doesnt make sense as its more discriptions of stuff rather than what stuff does, as im a noob with networking. I can build computers all day but once its on it gets a bit tricky.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 434
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 429

Redcoat

MVP
Looks like that should be right to me.

Take a look at this bug report and try the workaround there in the very last posting https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/58266 You'll need to create an account on Redmine if you haven't already done so.

BTW, DNS server 2 "doesn't look right" - numbers and text don't match(?). No clue if that impacts anything here, but probably not.

airbornespoon

Dabbler
So changing it to a static address worked for the install. But now i cant figure out how to get nextcloud working?

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP
I know nothing about Nextcloud so I'm on the sidelines now. Good luck.

nojohnny101

Wizard
If you are past your original problem, you should mark this thread as solved and clearly state what you did to solve it. Then open a new thread with a detailed description of your new problem. Glad you got past the original problem!

airbornespoon

Dabbler
Changing the IP from DHCP on the install page static as an open IP address on my router worked the install completed as it should