Error 201:[ENOMETHOD] Method "summary" not found in "network.general"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhop

Cadet
When logging in with the beta UI for FreeNAS-11.1-U4 I get the following error.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 893, in _method_lookup
	serviceobj = self.get_service(service)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 822, in get_service
	return self.__services[name]
KeyError: 'network.general'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 150, in call_method
	result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 109, in __next__
	return self.gen.send(None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 902, in call_method
	serviceobj, methodobj = self._method_lookup(message['method'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 896, in _method_lookup
	raise CallError(f'Method "{method_name}" not found in "{service}"', CallError.ENOMETHOD)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [ENOMETHOD] Method "summary" not found in "network.general"

jrhop

Cadet
When I change the theme I also get a similar error.

Code:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 894, in _method_lookup
	methodobj = getattr(serviceobj, method_name)
AttributeError: 'UserService' object has no attribute 'set_attribute'

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 150, in call_method
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 902, in call_method
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 896, in _method_lookup
	raise CallError(f'Method "{method_name}" not found in "{service}"', CallError.ENOMETHOD)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [ENOMETHOD] Method "set_attribute" not found in "user"

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This stuff has been fixed in the nightlies. Unfortunately, 11.1-U4 got stuck with a very non-functional Frankenstein new GUI.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The one I'm on is okay, haven't updated in recent days, so I can't tell you much about them.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The nightly from 2 days ago is good. The beta UI is coming along a bit too. Nice to see some progress.

blackmesa

Cadet
When logging in with the beta UI for FreeNAS-11.1-U4 I get the following error.

Code:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 893, in _method_lookup
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 822, in get_service

middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [ENOMETHOD] Method "summary" not found in "network.general"

Exactly the same error for me. FreeNAS-11.1-U4

intelligence

Explorer
I'm getting the same on FreeNAS-11.1-U5

Code:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 899, in _method_lookup
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 823, in get_service

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 908, in call_method
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 902, in _method_lookup

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The new GUI is not functional in 11.1. If you want to check it out, you'll need to do so in the 11.2 branch.

vafk

Contributor
After I found in system/update the possibility to select "FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE" and did so, my system got bricked and only then I read:

Due to a migration bug, it is currently not possible to upgrade from 11.1-U6 to 11.2-BETA2. Please wait til 11.2-BETA3 is available before attempting to upgrade from 11.1-U6.

https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/freenas-11-1-u6/

With respect to that your comment almost 5 months ago:

The new GUI is not functional in 11.1. If you want to check it out, you'll need to do so in the 11.2 branch.

what exactly is not functional? I experienced with iocage last year (i.e. before the release 11.1) and it was working well.

Since this is a known bug for many months I would expect the coders adjust the update section either to remove the possibility to upgrade the release and thus brick the system OR bring up a warning about the existing bug. In the current version users can impossibly suppose that 1) FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE is a Beta-release which will b) distroy their OS installation.

Do I see this correctly and is the consequence that it is impossible to use iocage with 11.1?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
what exactly is not functional?
Most of it, as it got out of sync with the API.

Do I see this correctly and is the consequence that it is impossible to use iocage with 11.1?
You can use the CLI. It is supported along with the GUI in 11.2.

Since this is a known bug for many months I would expect the coders adjust the update section either to remove the possibility to upgrade the release and thus brick the system OR bring up a warning about the existing bug. In the current version users can impossibly suppose that 1) FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE is a Beta-release which will b) distroy their OS installation.
11.2-RC1 has been out for a while and RC2 is incoming. As far as I know, the problem was solved long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.