Errno 61

ynk1121

Dabbler
My first post but I've been lurking for a few months. Was able to answer all my questions by searching until now...

Server was running flawless until today. When I go to the web address in a browser I get "Connecting to TrueNAS ... Make sure the TrueNAS system is powered on and connected to the network.". When I log in to idrac to see what's going on I see this (attached screenshot). Oddly SMB shares, Plex plugin, Windows VM, MySQL jail, etc all seem to be functioning normally. It's just the TrueNAS web interface that isn't working. It's running the latest update. U6 I think.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 434

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Run
Code:
service restart middlewared
service restart nginx

from your iDRAC console connection. It’s not uncommon for either of these services to croak, and take down the web GUI.

ynk1121

Dabbler
Run
Code:
service restart middlewared
service restart nginx

from your iDRAC console connection. It’s not uncommon for either of these services to croak, and take down the web GUI.
I get console setup menu after each of those commands but the web interface still does not work and I am still getting Errno 61 at the 5 minute intervals.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 438

danb35

Hall of Famer
The commands would be service middlewared restart and service nginx restart, respectively. But if either of those services has "croaked", it seems like a bug report (with attached debug file) should be filed--since the middleware is literally what makes TrueNAS, TrueNAS, if it dies, that's a pretty serious failure.

ynk1121

Dabbler
The commands would be service middlewared restart and service nginx restart, respectively. But if either of those services has "croaked", it seems like a bug report (with attached debug file) should be filed--since the middleware is literally what makes TrueNAS, TrueNAS, if it dies, that's a pretty serious failure.
I rebooted the machine and the web interface is back working. There is this notification that also said to submit a bug report. Is there an idiots guide to submitting this core file they want?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 429

danb35

Hall of Famer
Well, submitting the bug report with the attached debug file is a matter of (1) creating an account on the Jira instance (the "report a bug" link at the top of this page), and then (2) using the "support" link in the TrueNAS web GUI, and checking the box to attach the debug file. Once you've done that, you can upload the core files that are stored on your server in the directory indicated by that message.