E3-1265L.v3 Frankenstein build motherboard upgrade

tellemurius

Cadet
Hey guys I was wondering if someone could give me an input on this. Story about this build was our work had some unused Lenovo TS140 tower just sitting in a corner of the data-center and it wasn't tagged so I promptly took it as a donation and immediately started working on it. So far its been a champ, I upgraded the CPU to a 1265L for hyperthreading and lower power consumption (and bonus hw transcoder) and slapped in about 32gb of ram.

So now my dilemma is I want to get out of the tower and into a rackmount case. The lenovo motherboard has alot of proprietary ports which i do question the quality of it so I'm thinking about getting a new motherboard like a Supermicro X10SLH-F. Unfortunately my ram sticks are Kingstons and I heard theres a lot of issues with their support with supermicro concerning the dram chips. Far as I know my Kingston's have Hynix chips in them and didn't had any issues at all booting on the lenovo board. Is this something I should take a gamble on or should probably start considering a different mobo?

Len_Nas

Cadet