SOLVED (Dynamically) rename home dir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnilgreb

Contributor
I have activated the checkbox "use as home share" on a share, called "home" on my FreeNAS. The share appears in windows explorer when I browse to the server. If I open it, I´m inside my personal folder. I would much rather see that all users has a folder there with their own username on it, instead of just "homes". Can that be done? If so, how? If not, can I rename the share to a name of my choosing? How would I go about that?

dnilgreb

Contributor
Yes, ok, but that´s not what I´m aiming to do. That´s actually what I have now, and all the users folders are displayed to all the users. I want the user to only see his own share, and not the rest. And technically it works. I just want the "homes" folder to be named to something meaningful to the user. How could that be accomplished?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Yes, ok, but that´s not what I´m aiming to do. That´s actually what I have now, and all the users folders are displayed to all the users. I want the user to only see his own share, and not the rest. And technically it works. I just want the "homes" folder to be named to something meaningful to the user. How could that be accomplished?
Under "Sharing"->"Windows (SMB) Shares", go to the share that you're using as a home share, click on "Advanced Mode", uncheck the box "Browsable to Network Clients". That will make the "homes" folder disappear, but keep the user's individual share visible.

dnilgreb

Contributor
That did it. Thanks. I am looking for a way to mark this as solved, but can´t find it? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.