SOLVED Cannot browse to home folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnilgreb

Contributor
I have a dataset called homes, and on it a CIFS share called homes. Activated "Use as home share" on the share. Now on to creating users:
When I create the first user, I tell it to create a home folder in homes. And it does, the folder is created. However, I can not browse to it from windows.
If I SSH to the server I can cd to the same home folder (as the same user), and create and delete stuff. And I´ve tried setting chmod 700 and 777, just to test, but windows still can´t browse to the folder. I can access all other shares on the server from the same windows machine, no problem there. Any ideas on what may be the problem or how to identify it?
The windows computer I am using is on a domain, and the server is not. I´ve tried logging into the server using just username and also server\username.
Has anybody seen this before? Oh, and I´m running FreeNAS 9.10.2-U5.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I have a dataset called homes, and on it a CIFS share called homes. Activated "Use as home share" on the share. Now on to creating users:
When I create the first user, I tell it to create a home folder in homes. And it does, the folder is created. However, I can not browse to it from windows.
If I SSH to the server I can cd to the same home folder (as the same user), and create and delete stuff. And I´ve tried setting chmod 700 and 777, just to test, but windows still can´t browse to the folder. I can access all other shares on the server from the same windows machine, no problem there. Any ideas on what may be the problem or how to identify it?
The windows computer I am using is on a domain, and the server is not. I´ve tried logging into the server using just username and also server\username.
Has anybody seen this before? Oh, and I´m running FreeNAS 9.10.2-U5.

Post following:
  • contents of /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
  • output of getfacl /path/to/homedir
  • contents of tail -n 50 /var/log/samba4/log.smbd (50 is an arbitrarily long number)

Enclose all of the above in [ code ] tags.

dnilgreb

Contributor
I simply moved everything back to the old folders, deleted everything related to this and started over, Creted new users and everything. Now it works. Very well, I might add. not sure what the problem was, but now I´m happy.
Thanks for trying to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.