"DXE--LEGACY OPROM Initializing.." When trying to load SAS Configuartion Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzemail

Cadet
Hello,

My hardware details are below. In preparation of flashing my HBA's to IT mode, I am having trouble with the onboard SAS3008 controller. When I press Ctrl+C to enter the SAS Configuration Utility for the PCIE HBA, it works just fine; however when attempting to do the same thing for the onboard controller it tells me it will load after initializing and then gets stuck with only the following message on the screen "DXE--LEGACY OPROM Initializing..". I have tried to find a forum topic on this with no luck. Please advise as I need the address for flashing.

Thanks!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The SAS address should be printed on a sticker placed on the board.

My hardware details are below.
Please always include them in your posts, when necessary. People on phones can't see signatures without some gymnastics.

shr00mie

Dabbler
Hello,

My hardware details are below. In preparation of flashing my HBA's to IT mode, I am having trouble with the onboard SAS3008 controller. When I press Ctrl+C to enter the SAS Configuration Utility for the PCIE HBA, it works just fine; however when attempting to do the same thing for the onboard controller it tells me it will load after initializing and then gets stuck with only the following message on the screen "DXE--LEGACY OPROM Initializing..". I have tried to find a forum topic on this with no luck. Please advise as I need the address for flashing.

Thanks!

got the same issue, but with LSI 9201 16i (SAS2116).
not using with freenas at the moment, but also trying to get into hba bios.
Supermicro X11SAE
LSI 9201 flashed to P20 IT firmware and bios.
supermicro bios set to legacy hba pcie slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.