Drives Not found, Volume Detached

Status
Not open for further replies.

exos

Cadet
Hey folks,

Ran into a problem that I really need help with. Just as a background, my knowledge level with freeNAS is very limited. It was enough to get things running but that's about it.

I had an array with 4 drives set up under a ZFS setup on freeNAS 9.2. Recently a drive (multiple?) drives stopped being found. In haste trying to fix it, I stupidly detached the volume and attempted to reattach it. Unfortunately, I can no longer attach the array. Under view multipath, it shows me 3 of the 4 drives and reports they are degraded. It typically only shows me drives 2,3,4. When I view disks, the only one that comes up is drive 1.

I have recently learned of how to see which drive is degraded while the volume is attached but that is no longer of use to me. How can I fix this? I am currently on a military ship and am very limited to resources... including internet access. Basically, all our guy's video and music entertainment is now locked up on these drives. Is there a way to correct what is going on? Do I need to somehow extract the data from the drives and reformat them and reinstall the data and volume? Of note... when I plug the array into my normal computer it detects all 4 drives although it asks me to reformat them as my Mac can't read it.

I would really appreciate a quick reply. Keep in mind that I really need things spelled out as I don't have the connection or time on the computer to do my own research.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You need to tell us your hardware configuration and read the forum rules at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.