Drive Missing from VDEV

Zain

Contributor
Greetings.

I noticed today that one of my drives is missing from one of the vdev's in the pool. I have/had four sets of mirrored disks in the setup (8x4TB drives). The dropped? drive does show up if I attempt to add a vdev, but cannot add it as a mirror - obviously because two drives are required.

1628961510143.png

1628961655778.png

zpool status appears to show the same thing:
1628961854556.png

How do I get this drive back in the mirrored set? Is it as simple as clicking on "extend" under mirror actions for that vdev? I just want to be sure before doing so as I'd like to not cause any further issues.

Debug file available upon request.

TIA,
Zain

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
In CORE I would write: yes, just click "extend", but I don't know if that works in SCALE and what possibly could have detached the drive from your mirror.

If you want to do it on the command line you can do a zpool attach <pool> <old drive> <new drive>.
"old drive" is the uuid you see in your zpool status output above. "new drive" is the full device path in /dev/diskbygptid or something similar I don't know from memory right now. If you are familiar with Linux, you will find it.

Zain

Contributor
I'm not sure why it would have detached but in any case, I clicked on extend and now it is running through the resilvering process. I don't understand why SCALE would say that the array was healthy though...

Looks like it is running quick though...

Oh, well it's done already. So, extend does it.

Thanks!

sretalla