Downloaded the wrong download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob1

Dabbler
Hi,

I'm new on the forum, my name is Rob.

I did something stupide. The computer I want to use as a NAS supports 64bit. So I downloaded a 64bit version, not looking good and seeing that that is just for AMD machines.
Trying to download the correct version is not working, I'm directly redirected to the site after downloading. Does somebody know how long it takes befor I can download the correct version?
Ore is somebody able to reset me?

Regards,
Rob.

gpsguy

You've got the correct download - see this list for the processors included in amd64.

Rob1

Dabbler
Okay, i've been bussy trying to make it work. But no! Keep geting the same screen.
The mobo is an Asus P5N-MX, th processor is a P4 2core 3.2GHz and there is 3gb memory. The HD is an 40Gb Maxtor IDE.
I know IDE is not to much of this time. But first I'm trying it with the things I have. I tryed several old HD and played around with the jumper for master, slave and cable select.
The Asus DVD and the HD is set as cable select. First on the cable is the HD and at the end of the cable is the DVD. In the BIOS it is set that he boot with the DVD first.
As I said, nothing seems to work. I took foto's of the screen when it's ready with whatever it doing. Hopefully sombody knows what I do wrong.

CAM04.jpg

When I press the ? I get a list. But I don't know what to do with it. ...... I'd hoped that it wasn't to compilicated ;(

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Your picture isn't loading for me but you have provided no information about what you are trying to do.

Are you sure that p4 is 64 bit capable?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Dusan

Guru
CPU doesn't support long mode means that FreeBSD is not detecting a 64-bit CPU. Check your BIOS settings -- things like Limit CPUID MaxVal and similar.

Whattteva

Wizard
I would guess that it doesn't support 64-bit. Only very late versions of Pentium 4 support it (Prescott if memory serves me).

Status
Not open for further replies.