DOM power jumper needed on SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SSH-LN4F-O ?

kirkdickinson

Contributor
I am building a new server and am using a SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SSH-LN4F-O. The Supermicro SSD-DM032-SMCMVN1 32GB SATA DOM comes with a power jumper and there is a place on the mobo to plug it in, but I thought that with the newer SuperDoms and the newer boards, it could get power right from the SATA connection. (0 or 1)

Oh, SATA 0 and SATA 1 are yellow connectors. I think I don't need the power jumper. But if I don't need it why is there a power plug beside each yellow SATA?

Please tell me what the facts are!

Thanks,
Kirk

You are correct the yellow ports are powered. Seems that board has powered ports on 1 & 2 from the manual on SuperDOM for that series of boards.

Two (2) SuperDOM connectors (I-SATA0 & I-SATA1)

SATA Ports
Eight SATA 3.0 connectors are located on the X11SSH-F/-LN4F motherboard, supported by
the Intel C236 PCH chip. These SATA ports support RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10. SATA ports provide
serial-link signal connections, which are faster than the connections of Parallel ATA. Refer to
the tables below for pin definitions.
Note 1: I-SATA0 and I-SATA1 are Supermicro SuperDOMs. These are yellow SATADOM connectors with power pins built in and do not require separate external power
cables. These connectors are backward-compatible with non-Supermicro SATADOMs
that require an external power supply.

kirkdickinson

Contributor
You are correct the yellow ports are powered. Seems that board has powered ports on 1 & 2 from the manual on SuperDOM for that series of boards.

Two (2) SuperDOM connectors (I-SATA0 & I-SATA1)

SATA Ports
Eight SATA 3.0 connectors are located on the X11SSH-F/-LN4F motherboard, supported by
the Intel C236 PCH chip. These SATA ports support RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10. SATA ports provide
serial-link signal connections, which are faster than the connections of Parallel ATA. Refer to
the tables below for pin definitions.
Note 1: I-SATA0 and I-SATA1 are Supermicro SuperDOMs. These are yellow SATADOM connectors with power pins built in and do not require separate external power
cables. These connectors are backward-compatible with non-Supermicro SATADOMs
that require an external power supply.

Thanks. I was pretty much concluding that, but wanted confirmation from someone. :)
Kirk