Disabling daily/security run output emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if there is an option for disabling the daily/security run output emails, or at least configuring their frequency or send time.

I've searched the forums/Google and it doesn't look like anyone has posted about this before, oddly…

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Actually, it has been asked in the last week, but I can't find the thread either...

No, there is no way to change the frequency or disable them completely.

As I said in the thread I couldn't find, disabling them or changing the frequency is a bad idea. The security email lets you know if your server has been compromised.

Caesar

Contributor
Personally I like the emails and I read them everyday. I can see how others would not like them or only want an email when something is wrong. Perhaps you can setup a filter on your email client to move emails from freenas that contain the phrase "all pools are healthy" into an archived folder. This way if your pool is degraded the email will not be filtered.

keep in mind that I am too new to freenas to know all of the warning/notification that the email system may send out. It maybe possible to get an important email that still says all pools are healthy.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Status
Not open for further replies.