Different versions of same pkg in different jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

zayroc

Dabbler
I am no expert but have learned a lot and am fairly confident I haven't screwed anything up. With that said hopefully I am using the correct lingo.

I initially used the plugin but a year ago realized I could do better. Have since been getting better at command line and more comfortable with it.

I recently updated plexmediaserver by pkg update/pkg upgrade. Never had any issues. A few days ago I saw there was a new update from Plex and was waiting for the repos to be updated. It never did. I decided to try a new jail and see what would happen if I searched for it, what version would come up. To my surprise it is basically the latest version, I think another one hit today that hasn't appeared yet. As of this moment 1.11.1.4768 is what is showing in the repo, 1.11.1.4730 is my version and is what is showing up when I do a pkg search inside the old jail.

Why is my jail not showing the most up to date? I verified each jail is using the same repo url following this guide https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/keeping-the-jails-up-to-date.20062/

I would prefer to not need to start a new jail, but based on the plex forums the update has made some major stability improvements over the last version I have.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
What version of FreeNAS and how are you creating your jails?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Which UI new one or old one?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
That's your problem. The old UI is tied to warden based jails. Warden is being replaced with iocage and is no longer developed. All warden based jails in 11.x are based on FreeBSD 11.0 which is EOL and no longer supported.

Create your jail with the new ui or the CLI using iocage and you won't have that issue.

zayroc

Dabbler
Ok I did see something about iocage somewhere else that has a pretty good write up.

Thanks, guess I'll learn some more cli tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.