Desktop unable to access SMB shares after a restart

faruko

Cadet
Hey TrueNAS community, I was hoping to get some help with my TrueNAS setup. I'm extremely new to TrueNAS and Linux in general but I've followed the installation guide and am fairly confident in my ability to search Google for any issues I encounter but I can't seem to find my problem anywhere. Hope this community can help out.

For some reason, whenever I reboot my desktop (that has a network share mapped), I am unable to access TrueNAS at all. I can't access the SMB share, I can't access the web panel, nothing. The TrueNAS machine is active and I can see the console setup page so it's still active. When I reboot the TrueNAS machine, I can access everything again (web panel and SMB share). Not really sure what's going on here. I'm inclined to think it's some weird Windows 10 problem but was hoping someone here could shed some light on my issue.

Of course, I could just reboot the TrueNAS machine every time I reboot my desktop but that's kind of troublesome and not really why I decided to repurpose my old desktop into a TrueNAS machine. If you need any additional information, just let me know and I'll provide it. I'm not actually sure what to provide so yeah, let me know.

My TrueNAS machine is running the following components
  • Intel i7-7700
  • ASUS PRIME Z270
  • 32GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
  • 128GB SSD for TrueNAS OS (Yes it's not redundant, I know it's not ideal but this is a test rig)
  • 6TB Toshiba N300 HDD (Again, just a test so I only have 1 HDD)
Thanks again

faruko

Cadet
Hey TrueNAS community, I was hoping to get some help with my TrueNAS setup. I'm extremely new to TrueNAS and Linux in general but I've followed the installation guide and am fairly confident in my ability to search Google for any issues I encounter but I can't seem to find my problem anywhere. Hope this community can help out.

For some reason, whenever I reboot my desktop (that has a network share mapped), I am unable to access TrueNAS at all. I can't access the SMB share, I can't access the web panel, nothing. The TrueNAS machine is active and I can see the console setup page so it's still active. When I reboot the TrueNAS machine, I can access everything again (web panel and SMB share). Not really sure what's going on here. I'm inclined to think it's some weird Windows 10 problem but was hoping someone here could shed some light on my issue.

Of course, I could just reboot the TrueNAS machine every time I reboot my desktop but that's kind of troublesome and not really why I decided to repurpose my old desktop into a TrueNAS machine. If you need any additional information, just let me know and I'll provide it. I'm not actually sure what to provide so yeah, let me know.

My TrueNAS machine is running the following components
  • Intel i7-7700
  • ASUS PRIME Z270
  • 32GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
  • 128GB SSD for TrueNAS OS (Yes it's not redundant, I know it's not ideal but this is a test rig)
  • 6TB Toshiba N300 HDD (Again, just a test so I only have 1 HDD)
Thanks again
Oh also, I'm on TrueNAS-13.0-U1 if that matters