Deleted files seen in some programs as 's100Filename'

Status
Not open for further replies.

philhu

Patron
I run a program that searches archive on my machine for old tv shows.

As they are found, they are renamed and processed and moved into folders on the same NAS, of the show by name and season.

I just moved to FreeNAS from Synology and a QNAP, which did not exhibit this problem.

The shows get moved correctly, but some kind of artifact stays behind. The program still finds the old names in the old folder, but displays them with 's100' prepended, as shown in my screenshot.

Any ideas why?

Attachments

• delfiles.jpg
    delfiles.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

philhu

Patron
Yep, it was a leftover from the QNAP part of my move.

Deleted the .@__thumb directories, all set.

Thanks!

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Yep, it was a leftover from the QNAP part of my move.

Deleted the .@__thumb directories, all set.

Thanks!
Excellent. If anyone else needs a FreeNAS subject matter expert to Google non-FreeNAS things for them, then I am your man. :/

philhu

Patron
Yes. I did google. But looked in freenas and freebsd groups. Never thought of looking in my old NAS forums about it

wblock

Documentation Engineer
In fairness, the forum rules post does tell people to add freenas to their search terms.

I wonder how many former QNAP users have switched over. Also, I wonder what similar nonsensical stuff Synology does.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
In fairness, the forum rules post does tell people to add freenas to their search terms.

I wonder how many former QNAP users have switched over. Also, I wonder what similar nonsensical stuff Synology does.
Well, the continuum always is one with ease-of-use-of-cool-features at one end, and efficiency-and-elegance at the other. We, and QNAP, operates on the different ends of that continuum...which is why we're not popular with Aunt Sally. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.