Delete a UFS Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanBev

Cadet
Newbie here.. sorry, but I just can't find out how to to this... I've got an existing UFS volume which I want to trash and re-create as a ZFS volume.. How ???

Thanks for your help...

Ian

Yatti420

Wizard

Dusan

Guru
Storage->Volumes->View Volumes->[click on the volume]->click the "Detach Volume" button below (the one with a red X)

IanBev

Cadet
Hi Dusan,
Thanks for that, my issue here is that the "detach Volume" button is not actually there.. don't know why, but it's not.. I've also created a VM FreeNas and it's not there either..???

Any ideas ???

Cheers

Dusan

Guru
Just double checking. Did you actually click on the volume? The button only appears after you select a volume (even if it is the only one).

IanBev

Cadet
Yup, but the detach button is just not there :o(
I'm using 9.1.1 64bit, GUI via chrome

Cheers
Ian

IanBev

Cadet
Looked at this form another PC and the button is there... unbelievable..I was sure I was missing something... now to find out why this PC doesn't show it... still I have a way forward now I know what I'm looking for..

Many thanks..
Ian.

Frostbourne

Cadet
Found this thread after searching through google for removing a volume.

I had been using Chrome ( ver. 38.0.2125.111 ) to log in for the GUI to FreeNAS (Build FreeNAS-9.2.1.8-RELEASE-x64 (e625626) ). And when I clicked the volume I wanted to delete, the button never popped up for me.

However, using a different browser (in this case, IE 11), I was able to click on the specific volume (Storage -> Volumes -> View Volumes) and the Detach Storage button appeared at the bottom of the cells.

I'm not exactly certain which setting I have set up to where that button doesn't show up (or if it's a bug in the GUI, not certain, I haven't done much research on it), but at least this may help someone get around that specific problem quickly, if in the event they find this thread the same way I did.

Cheers,
-The Frostbourne

pschatz100

Guru
I use Chrome and have never had an issue. Try clearing the browser cache. Perhaps the browser is not showing current versions of the pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.