delayed boot after upgrading form core to scale

urobe

Contributor
The time estimate being vastly incorrect, yes; it actually taking 23 years, no.

Did/does the pending scrub time update after a few moments?
in the last screenshot above, one can see the disks that are listed as degraded, if i select one, it gives me the option of extend, offline and online. can I put them online again?
on one disk that is online it not states 14 checksum errors.

urobe

Contributor
@HoneyBadger, hey I have pool now scrubbed, and it totals to 255 Errors, mostly reading:
1677741071694.png

the disks are new, and I doubt that all six disks were damaged on arrival, i would guess, this was caused by my faulty cabeling. However the spare disk actually does not get recognized: drive not recognized
I thought, I run a SMART Test now, destroy the pool and set it up new from a backup. Is that a good idea?

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
You can use zpool status -v YourPoolName from a command prompt, and it should display the file or files that have potential read errors. "Files" that display as a hex string like 0xabcd1234 are metadata, and won't be able to be restored.

If you just have data files that are damaged, you could restore those individual files from backup and then use zpool clear as opposed to restoring the entire pool.

urobe

Contributor
that sounds great! I opened the shell and entered the command and it says
Code:
zpool command not found

1677783927325.png

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
If you're not seeing any actual data errors logged in the output, I would run zpool clear on the pool and then scrub it a second time. If devices get put in faulted/degraded status again, then it's time to poll SMART data and/or suspect a bad or loose cable connection.

urobe

Contributor
Worked like a charm!!! No errors no more after the last scrub! Thank you very very much!!!
Do you have any idea why the replacement drive doesn't show up in the gui? (drive not recognized)

urobe

Contributor
@HoneyBadger I did replace the drives in the replication device, so I had to do a full replication, during this replication, the mainsystem had again faulted drives.
I did another scrub, no errors detected.
Before the replication I did a smart test (long) which was passed on all drives, Lifetime 131/132.
Which smart test do you recommend doing now after the second scrub?