Degraded Pools But No Corrupted?

Amagner

Cadet
Hello, New to the thread and forums but used many to do some self troubleshooting. I replaced multiple drives in my freenas because they were slowly dying and now have them all up and running with no corrupted data and such. I deleted all the files that were corrupted so that the pool can become clean but this is what i constantly get now.

I get the following constantly...

llumos Fault Management Architecture (FMA) Message Registry

titleCorrupted data
descriptionA file or directory could not be read due to corrupt data.
severitycritical
typeerror
keysereport.fs.zfs.object.corrupt_data
detailsThe Message ID: ZFS-8000-8A indicates corrupted data exists in the current pool
impactThe file or directory is unavailable.
responseNo automated response will be taken.
actionRun 'zpool status -x' to determine which pool is damaged:
# zpool status -x
pool: test
state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error and no valid replicas
are available. Some filesystem data is corrupt, and applications
may have been affected.
action: Destroy the pool and restore from backup.
see: https://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
scrub: none requested
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
test ONLINE 0 0 2
c0t0d0 ONLINE 0 0 2
c0t0d1 ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: 1 data errors, use '-v' for a list

Unfortunately, the data cannot be repaired, and the only choice to repair the data is to restore the pool from backup. Applications attempting to access the corrupted data will get an error (EIO), and data may be permanently lost.
On recent versions of Illumos, the list of affected files can be retrieved by using the '-v' option to 'zpool status':
# zpool status -xv
pool: test
state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error and no valid replicas
are available. Some filesystem data is corrupt, and applications
may have been affected.
action: Destroy the pool and restore from backup.
see: https://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
scrub: none requested
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
test ONLINE 0 0 2
c0t0d0 ONLINE 0 0 2
c0t0d1 ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

/export/example/foo

Damaged files may or may not be able to be removed depending on the type of corruption. If the corruption is within the plain data, the file should be removable. If the corruption is in the file metadata, then the file cannot be removed, though it can be moved to an alternate location. In either case, the data should be restored from a backup source. It is also possible for the corruption to be within pool-wide metadata, resulting in entire datasets being unavailable. If this is the case, the only option is to destroy the pool and re-create the datasets from backup.

this is the the file i find on zpool status -v in the attached picture.

how can i stop this ran smart tests, and scrubs and still nothing.

Attachments

• degraded pool.PNG
    degraded pool.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 206

garm

Wizard
You have corrupt metadata in your pool, this requires rebuild and restore from backup. Degraded means just that, two drives in your raidz1 vdevs have corrupted data, that means the pool has insufficient replicas to correct the errors. A prime example of why raidz1 really isn’t good enough.

Amagner

Cadet
Hmmmm so there really is no way to fix this? also I cannot upgrade to raidz2 from raidz1 unless i transfer everything to a other server built from scratch huh?

Amagner

Cadet
Dunno if i can bump this cause I am just curious if there's another way to just get that one error legitimately says one error cannot detect following files <0xffffffffffff>:<0x1d66dc> and it can never go away. otherwise, my FreeNAS works like a dream.

garm

Wizard
define works... you have metadata corruption, ergo not working fine