Default reset by misstake

Tobbsen91

Cadet
Hello everyone,

So om new to freenas and managed to set it all up and working and moved a lit of files onto The freenas, when i late moved it to its new place i fucked up, i put The ethernet cable in The wrong ethernet port... There is 2 one is not working... And i tried make it work without sucsess, so i choosed to reset to default in The console... That was stupid as everything i have copied disapered, but as in The console everything seems to be network related i That it just reset network settings....

So my question is is There any possibility to recover it or is everything gone?

/ Tobias

Tobbsen91

Cadet
I realised that it was The wrong ethernet port and after it was changed and working but my files are still gone..

Tobbsen91

Cadet
Thanks for The help thaugt it was gone, but did as you said and everything is back!

Thanks again for The help

garm

Wizard
if you didn’t save it you can dig it out if you moved the database to your storage pool. If you didn’t then you need to recreate all the configuration. The pool is still intact, it will be imported by the config, or you do it manually if you don’t have one.

garm

Wizard
Inga problem
The pool and OS is separate by design, one of many great things about FreeNAS is that you can recreate the OS as many times as you’d like