Datasets missing in webUI

o1982

Dabbler
Hi All,

Yet another problem with SCALE - my Datasets are missing in the web UI. I can see the disks under Storage>"pool name">Manage Devices and all of the disks are there with "No errors". There are green ticks across the board for my two pools. Using "mc" in the shell I can see the datasets (and child datasets) under /mnt/. Is there any way to get them back? The SMB share is also a bit temperamental - it takes some time to show files and folders in a share.

Any help appreciated.

FML.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Sounds like you may have manually imported your pool at the CLI?

In that case, export at the CLI and import again in the GUI.

o1982

Dabbler
Thanks for the tip.

No, I did not do anything with the pool through the cli.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
OK, so I'm not sure I get what you're seeing then.

Can you share a screenshot or two to illustrate the problem?

Arwen

MVP
I would also suggest the output of zfs list -r in addition to the GUI snapshot. That will allow us to compare what ZFS datasets exist and should be in the GUI.

o1982

Dabbler
Thank you both, I'll take another look at it this morning...

o1982

Dabbler
Ok, so currently in the webui I see no Pools or Datasets. SMB shares are still listed, but disabled.

Using the webui shell and "zfs list -r" I see all of the parent and child datasets that I would expect to see listed in the webui...but they are not. I tried a simple restart to really refresh the webui in case it was simply out of sync somehow, but there were no changes.

I can export and import using the cli but the webui doesn't list anything to import on the storage tab.
In that case, export at the CLI and import again in the GUI.
@sretalla - do you mean the normal linux shell or the TrueNAS CLI (through the web? or is local console better?)

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
normal linux shell
That should do it... the TrueNAS CLI is actually calling the same APIs as the GUI, so potentially won't do it.

zpool export poolname at the shell, then use the GUI to import it again.

o1982

Dabbler
zpool export poolname at the shell, then use the GUI to import it again.
It worked for my "Data" Pool, datasets were shown in the webui for it, but when I tried it for the "Services" Pool it did not. I repeated "zpool export Services (which completed without error) and imported it again in the webui, but the webui still didn't show the Datasets for the Services pool. I restarted and now ALL the datasets are missing again in the webui.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
That all sounds very concerning... do you see any errors in the output of dmesg or in /var/log/middlewared.log ?

o1982

Dabbler
Hi @sretalla , thank you for your help.

dmesg was ok, but middlewared.log has lots of errors with regard to dataset/pool operations. I see alot of:

RuntimeError: (1, 'Corrupt database')

Is this easy to fix? If not, I have downloaded the config file - would it be easy to restore my config on a new install and import the pools again? Or would I be copying a corrupt database or something that is causing the DB to become corrupt on a new install?

At this point (considering the other problems I have had with SCALE (Network stupidity ("two NICs on the same subnet? Are you mad?! And you want a msg in the webui for that? Ha!":mad:), App routes/VLANs, PCI Passthrough problems, SMB & App Permissions (we're supposed to setup an NFS Share for the app? That's totally riduculous) and other GUI weirdness...I think if I can't get it working reliably today I will switch to Ubuntu server or Proxmox. I might come back when the beta testing is really complete.

sretalla