Data shows in GUI but not in shares

rjvis

Cadet
Hi guys!

First off, I am a limited experience FreeNAS user, so please forgive any ignorance...

My current NAS has a single 6tb drive that I have been using for storing archived data, however I want to add redundancy to it... I have purchased 2 more 6tb drives and would like to combine the 3 in order to create a RAIDZ1. There is only just over 1tb of data on the drive, so my hope was to copy it all to an external 2tb drive, detach the existing pool, import the 3 drives together, and copy everything back to the new pool, keeping all shares, permissions, etc.

I imported the 2t drive, created a new pool, created a snapshot of the existing pool, and used the following command via the console:

zfs send -Rv pool1@snapshot_name | zfs receive -Fdu pool2

The GUI now shows that the new pool has the equivalent amount of data on it to the original, however when I try to confirm that the data is all there via Finder, nothing shows up. I created a AFP with the same file and directory permissions, not sure what I'm missing? Sorry if this is super simple, I've tried searching and have wasted hours. I can't find a simple step by step to accomplish what I'm trying to do.