Daily Alert Emails - 2 Issues

Al Fuller

Dabbler
System is an IX Systems FreeNAS Mini 2.0, with 2 10Tb data drives, internal M2 boot drive, mirrored to a USB. Currently running FreeNAS-11.3-U3.1.

Issues:
[1] Daily alert emails arrive in the middle of the night. Since I have the emails set up to forward to a text message, it means I am getting texts at midnight, 04:10, 12:00am, etc. Most of these are not critical, and there is no need to be awoken for those. This raises the question: is there a setting for what time to generate the daily alert email?

[2] Alerts set up as 'Critical' and to be sent 'Immediately' do no generate immediately, and instead are sent with the daily alert. Example: yesterday I tried to SSH into the box and twice failed to get in. Despite SSH Login Failures being set to 'Warning (default)' and frequency set to 'Immediately (default)' - there was no alert sent at the time of the login failures, but it was included in the daily alert email at 4:10 am.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Constantin

Vampire Pig
I fully support your suggestions.
  • Critical alerts should go out ASAP. That's the point of "critical", no?
  • The time of day to send reports should be configurable.

A simple drop down menu that gives admins the option to select whether the messages are bundled or sent by themselves, etc.

Last edited: