Cron Jobs/ Rsync / S.M.A.R.T Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwittofur

Cadet
Hello everyone, I've been looking through all of my configuration settings to make sure everything is perfect (and it is). I'm missing the Cron Jobs, Rsync and SMART options under the System portion of the GUI. I've looked through the forums and have not found anything related to this so I'm wondering if I missed something or if the version I have just doesn't support it.

FreeNAS Version 8.2-RELEASE-p1

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Take Care,

Cwittofur

arls544

Cadet
Unless I am not reading the right sections in the docs I am missing something.
It states and depicts all of these options in that release and yet I have none of them, nor can i figure out how to get them.
I am running 8.0.2 and I really must be missing something. I've googled myself to death on this one too.
Anyone have any suggestions....

Durkatlon

Patron
Unless I am not reading the right sections in the docs I am missing something.
It states and depicts all of these options in that release and yet I have none of them, nor can i figure out how to get them.
I am running 8.0.2 and I really must be missing something. I've googled myself to death on this one too.
Anyone have any suggestions....
For example?

arls544

Cadet
Screen shot 2011-10-24 at 5.21.27 PM.jpg
if you can review my screenshot, it shows my version and the lack of cron/smart/rsync.

I've tried to downgrade my GUI release to 8.0.1RC2
I've updated to the current GUI release 8.0.2

either way, no way to access the cron from the gui or smart, or rsync.

im baffled, perhaps im faced with a full re-install?
I've searched the forums here and found a good post that points to sectios 1.4-1.7 in the docs but there's nothing in that about enable/disable of these features, theres nothing in those sections about it NOT being included in the 8.0.2 release. In fact, they clearly stated that those features ARE included but I really must be missing something.

Durkatlon

Patron
OK, I think I saw it (the screenshot was unreadable but I compared my own 8.0.2 menu tree and there do appear to be items missing under the System node. That's very odd. Have you tried a different stick with a fresh install (non-GUI upgrade) of 8.0.2?

arls544

Cadet
well, im thinking fresh install, but I dont want to lose my array. If i do a clean install will my array hold and if I backup my config and restore it does everything come back after a re-install?

Durkatlon

Patron
If you do it on a separate stick you can always go back to your current broken installation. USB sticks are cheap! That said, it should (should!) be safe to backup your configuration, reinstall from scratch, load configuration. I would back up all the data before doing something (anything) to the NAS, but that's just me. I'm paranoid.

sergio

Cadet
I have same issue here, installed lase version ... what could be wrong

sergio

Cadet
got it .... my bad i was reading OS version ... FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3 ... thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.