Created Jail, Now Cannot Connect Through Web GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Bridges

Cadet
I was trying to create a jail to set up a backup. I created the jail within a dataset that had lots of available space, and there was a brief popup that said something was being installed. Its been about half an hour and i dont get any network connectivity to the box. Since Im setting up a backup, Im paranoid that by putting a new jail within an existing dataset i screwed it up permanently. Someone walk me off the ledge.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Why did you install the jail in a dataset that had data in it?

Did you try to manually set the IP of your jail to be the same as your Freenas?

Dave Bridges

Cadet
I guess i wasnt thinking, i thought that putting the jail in the same place might be an ok idea. I didnt set anything on the jail, but now i cant get any of the network interfaces to configure. Is there any way to roll this back?

Dave Bridges

Cadet
If it helps, the error i get on reboot is

No configured interfaces were found. Try to do it manually

then

bower ntpd_initres[2570]: host name not found 0.freebsd.pool.ntp.org (for each of the

bower is the servername. Resetting the network interface configuration and configuring the DNS did not help.

Dave Bridges

Cadet
yes it shows eth0 and lo0. For eth0, it shows status: no carrier

Im on a work network, that had to whitelist the mac address previously.

Dave Bridges

Cadet
Ok so i switched wall ports now i get urls that i can access the web user interface (2 of them) its not ping-able, and i cant open it in an external web interface (the second ip listed is 0.0.0.0). I think that part is a network blacklisting part which I hope we can sort out in house. If I can get back into the GUI, will getting rid of that jail help, and/or where should I have put the jail if not within a dataset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.