Crashplan POST INIT script

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstathoulis

Dabbler
Hi ,

Could someone please clarify or point me in the right direction regarding my question.

what I would like to do is automate a crashplan script(s) by using the "Init/Shutdown Script - POST INIT" .

i.e. I would like to create a script which will, copy the "correct/modified"

/usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/bin/run.conf
/usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/conf/my.service.xml

in their respective paths and then run the crashplan service or something similar.

Each time I reboot FreeNas, I lose this setting and have to keep doing it manually.

Thanks in Advance.

D

dlavigne

I think it would be easier to make a crontab inside the jail that uses @Reboot instead of the first five time fields in the cron entry.

cstathoulis

Dabbler

cstathoulis

Dabbler
Oh... I just notice it was from one of your posts..... silly me..... but it does look what I'm after....

D

dlavigne

Note that that is the startup script which should already be installed with crashplan. Though from that forum post, it appears that neither the installed version of the startup script nor that version appear to correctly startup crashplan, so something is funky at the moment.

cstathoulis

Dabbler
OK.... this is basically what I need. Someone please confirm...

As we know, when we reboot FreeNAS and click from the GUI "shell" we are prompted with the following prompt [root@freenas]
step 1
command "jls"
step 2
command "jexec 1" (assume crashplan is 1) prompt is now [crashplan_1@freenas]
step 3 copy the two files from a backup folder (these paths are found in the crashplan jail)
"cp /usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/bin/backup/run.conf /usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/bin/"
"cp /usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/bin/backup/my.service.xml /usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/share/crashplan/conf/"
step 4 start the service
"cpuset -l 0 /usr/local/share/crashplan/bin/CrashPlanEngine start"

the above steps, I would like to automate them in some form of POST INIT script. I don't think a CRON job is what I'm looking for.

any input, much appreciated.
Thanks

D

dlavigne

Steps 1 and 2 aren't needed and steps 3-4 could be put into a script to run through the jail's cron when the jail starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.