SOLVED CrashPlan not connected to CrashPLan Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew076

Patron
I have CrashPlan and it has been working for quite some time now, with work around (I have to update my .ui_info file every time I want to connect the GUI). However I was working on my network last night and I noticed that while the Plugin was showing "green" the GUI was showing that it had 1,370 files "To do:" and the last back up was 16.3 hours ago.

I am not sure if it has to do with the IP address etc. (I changed the router it was connected to, to a bridge).

It seems to connect (the GUI) just fine to the FreeNAS server, and the Plugin status is showing "Green" however the Crashplan website shows the same number of completed files as the GUI showed which means 1,379 files are not backed up. Any idea of where I could go to figure this out?

Edit:
According to the History Log FreeNAS is running version 4.5.0 my GUI is 4.5.2

Andrew076

Patron
Anyone know what happens when you delete the Plugin and reinstall it? Do you have to restart the backup? I have a lot backed up and it would take a while. As you can see below, it is showing 260,457 files but the GUI is showing only 259,076 backed up and 1,381 still to backup. I am just wondering if I delete the plug in and reinstall it will it require me to re-backup everything? Last time it took over a month...

History.JPG
Backup.JPG

Andrew076

Patron
So I decided to just delete the plugin and try to reinstall it.

But when I try to run: pkg update
I get the following error:
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
pkg: Repository FreeBSD has a wrong packagesite, need to re-create database
pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/meta.txz: No address record
pkg: repository FreeBSD has no meta file, using default settings
pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/packagesite.txz: No address
record
pkg: Unable to update repository FreeBSD

any idea on how to get around this?

D

dlavigne

Can you ping a website name (like google.com) from the jail?

Andrew076

Patron
Can you ping a website name (like google.com) from the jail?
When I entered "ping google.com" I got the following error:
ping: cannot resolve google.com: Host name lookup failure

D

dlavigne

That's your problem. Add an entry for 8.8.8.8 in /etc/resolv.conf of the jail and try again.

Andrew076

Patron
That's your problem. Add an entry for 8.8.8.8 in /etc/resolv.conf of the jail and try again.
when I edited it this was already there:

search local
nameserver 8.8.8.8

D

dlavigne

To confirm, that was from within the jail's shell?

Post the output of netstat -rn (run from within the jail).

Andrew076

Patron
To confirm, that was from within the jail's shell?

Post the output of netstat -rn (run from within the jail).

Yes it was from within the jail. output below

Code:
Routing tables

Internet:
Destination  Gateway  Flags  Refs  Use  Netif Expire
default  192.168.1.1  UGS  0  2917 epair0
127.0.0.1  link#1  UH  0  4  lo0
192.168.1.0/24  link#2  U  0  226 epair0
192.168.1.2  link#2  UHS  0  0  lo0

Internet6:
Destination  Gateway  Flags  Netif
Expire
::/96  ::1  UGRS  lo0
::1  link#1  UH  lo0
::ffff:0.0.0.0/96  ::1  UGRS  lo0
fe80::/10  ::1  UGRS  lo0
fe80::%lo0/64  link#1  U  lo0
fe80::1%lo0  link#1  UHS  lo0
ff01::%lo0/32  ::1  U  lo0
ff02::/16  ::1  UGRS  lo0
ff02::%lo0/32  ::1  U  lo0
root@crashplan_1:/ # 

Andrew076

Patron
FreeNAS.JPG Router.JPG Since it appears I must have bolloxed something with the network (if it helps) below is what freenas is showing as my network settings and my settings on my router.

Andrew076

Patron
Ah! I figured it out - thanks to dnab35 and dlavigne.2

What I did was when I configured the Router I reserved a block of IP addresses (1-25). I did this so that when people log on to the network and are assigned an ip it wouldn't mess with various assigned hardware devices that may be off at that time. When I added a new "reserved" address using the MAC address assigned to the jail to the router it connected and I was able update and install bash.

Last edited:

Andrew076

Patron
Anyone know if just stopping and starting the crashplan service doesn't work anymore to force crashplan to update? Because I have done it several times and it hasn't updated.

Last edited:

Andrew076

Patron
Okay, in case someone else has this problem. Apparently when you delete the plugin and reinstall it, it reinstalls the 3.6.3. You then have to go through all the steps installing bash etc.. Once you have done that, then you have to find an old 3.6.3 version of crashplan for the GUI and go through the steps to have it connect to your server that will then kick start the updates... I had the current version 4.5.2 and wasn't able to make any progress till I down graded, connected to crash plan etc. it is now connected and in the process of synchronizing.

Andrew076

Patron
Okay, in case someone else has this problem. Apparently when you delete the plugin and reinstall it, it reinstalls the 3.6.3. You then have to go through all the steps installing bash etc.. Once you have done that, then you have to find an old 3.6.3 version of crashplan for the GUI and go through the steps to have it connect to your server that will then kick start the updates... I had the current version 4.5.2 and wasn't able to make any progress till I down graded, connected to crash plan etc. it is now connected and in the process of synchronizing.
Further update.

Have not been able to get it to update crashplan yet but it is connected and I can manage through the GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.