Crashplan 3.5.3 "unable to back up -- no archive encryption key"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klox

Dabbler
Hi all,

CP was working fine for quite a while, but recently I cleaned up my jails and re-installed CP. On first start it requires me to create an archive password, but I already have one. If I try and set one (again) it throws a critical error: "CrashPlan has been disconnected from the backup engine." and the client terminates. If I start it up again I get the same prompts.

I've been trying to look through logs but haven't really found anything so far. The CrashPlan ones are just too verbose, but if anyone has any ideas or which logs I might find useful information I would be greatly appreciative.

Also, I saw another post that said their client was making them upgrade to 3.6.3. I haven't experienced it yet. My local CP is 3.6.3, but that is not triggering an upgrade of the CP jail, it remains at 3.5.3.

Thanks!

*edit* Forgot to mention that I have also contacted CP support. If they are able to resolve it I'll be sure to post a resolution (probably a stretch though since FreeNAS isn't official, but I put it under Linux).

Hi Klox

I think your problem is that your PC is on 3.6.3 and FreeNAS on 3.5.3. I'm having a similar problem with both my FreeNAS and a ReadyNAS which I picked upp when my CrashPlan log said backups had failed from the date I upgraded to 3.6.3. Crashplan support say that you can't backup from 3.5. to 3.6.3. I also get similar login errors to you. We need someone to update the Plugin please

Klox

Dabbler
You are probably right, thanks. I tend to install everything myself from the ports or git repos; Crashplan was the only plugin I have been using. Any idea where the plugin code is located? I wouldn't mind trying to tackle this, but haven't really found much on the FreeNAS wiki.

Sorry no idea. I just downloaded it and followed the instructions. I'm very much a Linux noobie having grown up with Windows.

Just re - read your reply.are you asking where the plugin source is located online or where the plugin installs? If the latter it installs in its own jail and you should be able to putty in. If the former, sorry no idea. Apologies if I'm teaching my granny to duck eggs. No trying to be patronising in any way

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You know, I'm not a crashplan user... but has anyone checked to see if iX has a ticket on the bugs.freenas.org so that they are even aware of this problem?

Hint: I could find no ticket on this issue.. so I created one.

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/4274

Klox

Dabbler
Apologies if I'm teaching my granny to duck eggs.

Hah, interesting saying. I've tried digging through the jail that is generated for a bit, but thanks :)

And thanks cyberjock. I'll register with the bugs forum and see if I can help out at all. CP support took a look at my logs and think it is a java issue (3.6.3 is using JRE 1.7 now I believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.