Couple Possible Bugs/Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Not sure if these would be considered "bugs"; but in FreeNas 9.10 (did not double check this on 9.3):
  1. When deleting a User Account that is the only member of a Group; the Group gets deleted.
    • Say I create a Group called "StandardUsers"
    • I then create Users named "UserA" & "UserB"
      • I set the Primary Group of them to "StandardUsers" and complete the process
    • I then delete "UserA" - Group "StandardUsers" is still there
    • I then delete "UserB" - Group "StandardUsers" gets deleted as well
    • In this case it also deletes the Group "StandardUsers"; if there are not any other Users in that Group
    • I can see why it would do this if I ticked "Create a new primary group for the user" when I first created the account; but I think there should be some logic to NOT delete the Group if the Group Name does not match the User Name
  2. When creating a User's Account and having it "Create Home Directory In"; the User's Folder is created but the Rights assigned don't seem correct to me
    • It does not inherit anything from the Parent Folder
      • I purposely set rights on the Parent Folder (which was "Users") so that
        • Group "Everyone" had "Read" rights to only the "Users" Folder and not SubFolders
        • Group "ServerAdmins" had "Full" rights to all Folders, SubFolders and Files
      • When the Home Directory for "UserA" was created, it simply had only "UserA" with "Full" rights
        • Not really liking the fact that they would have "Full" rights instead of "Modify"; now technically they could grant or take away rights to their folder.
        • Where is my power now? :)
    • I know that I can just manually create the User's Home Folder; Set Rights, Skip "Create Home Directory In" option the and be done with it
I know these are "trivial" and I can work around them, but thought I would just bring them up.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
I'd encourage you to make a bug report for #1 for 9.10. I can see and duplicate your issue here and it feels like strange behaviour to me as well.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Update:
Could we have it do the following?

If removing a user (which is the last user in a group), have the checkbox appear to "remove the group" as well. It could even by checked by default to mimic current behavior, but at least the user is given a chance to override.
  • Target version set to Next SU Candidate
  • Status changed from Screened to Ready For Release

Status
Not open for further replies.