Couldn't connect to active directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

steini

Cadet
Hello all,

we have a FreeNAS 9.2.1.9 that running fine. Now I've made a test installation with the new version 9.3. Unfotunalety is isn't possible to join to our w2k3 domain. I can't find the mistake. I've extracted some lines from the /var/log/debug.log file. You can find it in the attached file 2014-12-11_debug-log.txt. Than I run the directory start script (/etc/directoryservice/ActiveDirectory/ctl start). It failed. I've attached it - 2014-12-11_directory_start.txt. What is the cause that the binding to the active directory fails?

Domain functional level: Windows Server 2003

[root@freenas] ~# host -t srv _ldap._tcp.msdev.intern.testing.de
_ldap._tcp.msdev.intern.testing.de has SRV record 0 100 389 win2k3ad-mirror.msdev.intern.testing.de.
_ldap._tcp.msdev.intern.testing.de has SRV record 0 100 389 win2k3ad.msdev.intern.testing.de.
_ldap._tcp.msdev.intern.testing.de has SRV record 0 100 389 backupdc.msdev.intern.testing.de.

Ping is possible in both directions.

Thanks in advance
steini

Attachments

• 2014-12-11_debug-log.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 2014-12-11_directory_start.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 338

steini

Cadet
The freeNAS 9.3 instance isn't an upgrade. Thats a completely new installation. But i'm not sure whether ssl/tls is in use. With the ldp.exe tool and I could connect via ssl to the server. The idmap backend is set to adex. But I tried it with various possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.