Correct way to add container commands via GUI

ajgnet

Explorer
Hello, I am trying to create a container using the GUI in TrueNAS Scale and I'm running into a lot of trouble. The docker-compose syntax is:

Code:
Nprobe:
        restart: always
        container_name: nprobe
        cpu_shares: 128
        network_mode: host
        environment:
            - PUID=1002
            - PGID=1002
            - TZ=America/New_York
            - HOST_OS=Linux
        volumes:
            - '/dockerpool/nprobe/nprobe.license:/etc/nprobe.license'
        image: ntop/nprobe:latest
        command: ["-i", "none", "-n", "none", "-3", "2055", "-T", "@NTOPNG@", "--zmq", "tcp://*:5556", "-b", "1"]
        depends_on:
            - ntopng

How can I add the command argument through the GUI? I've tried adding the array with brackets and just a string of text to the COMMAND argument in the GUI but the instance fails to start when there is anything in the command field.

Thank you

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello, I am trying to create a container using the GUI in TrueNAS Scale and I'm running into a lot of trouble. The docker-compose syntax is:

Code:
Nprobe:
        restart: always
        container_name: nprobe
        cpu_shares: 128
        network_mode: host
        environment:
            - PUID=1002
            - PGID=1002
            - TZ=America/New_York
            - HOST_OS=Linux
        volumes:
            - '/dockerpool/nprobe/nprobe.license:/etc/nprobe.license'
        image: ntop/nprobe:latest
        command: ["-i", "none", "-n", "none", "-3", "2055", "-T", "@NTOPNG@", "--zmq", "tcp://*:5556", "-b", "1"]
        depends_on:
            - ntopng

How can I add the command argument through the GUI? I've tried adding the array with brackets and just a string of text to the COMMAND argument in the GUI but the instance fails to start when there is anything in the command field.

Thank you
I don't think there is a webIUI solution for this.

For Docker-Compose, there is an App in TrueCharts. Within that App you can deploy containers with Docker Compose syntax.

ajgnet

Explorer
Thanks, didn't know about that! But then what is the COMMAND argument for when launching a container?