Core - Replication SSH invalid password

R1c4ard06

Dabbler
Hi,

I am trying to setup replication between two sites via an internal VPN both IPSEC tunnels are not blocking any ports and able to ping across sites.

I get invalid password when setting up credentials I do have 2FA enabled on both sites would this be my issue? If so do I just create another account to handle the SSH connection without 2FA? I have tried searching for any similar issue but have had no luck any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Nick2253

Wizard
Double check your SSH settings. Make sure that you allow password authentication. If you have 2-factor authentication, then yes, you'll get your error, and will need a different user for the SSH connection (if you want to stick with username/password). The other option is to use certificates (which would be my recommendation).

R1c4ard06

Dabbler
Many Thanks. Will keep 2FA on Root. Will go separate random user and certs route.

I should be onboarding with iXsystems soon will get them to check over my configs.

Update:

All I needed to do was temp disable 2FA connect once then enable again. SSH working with 2FA enabled on Root.

Last edited: