Copy Dataset Problem

Jamoer

Cadet
Hi Everyone,

I just copied a dataset from old pool to new dataset in new pool, within the same machine. Im using truenas.
I use rsync -rtlgoD --progress --compress-level=0 /mnt/oldpool/oldfile /mnt/newpool/newfile

And i also set the newfile dataset for SMB share.

The rsync run smooth, sending incremental and create the folders within the newfile dataset. The files are copied, and i even checked the pool status and dashboard from GUI and i can see my new hdd volume was decreased as expected. At the end, the total volume of the newfile dataset is equal to the oldfile dataset.

But, when i tried to browse the newfile dataset from windows, all i can see are folders. and no files in each folders. I even tried to browse the newfile dataset from CLI, and its just the same, only FOLDERS... no Files...

Anyone can help me out ? Im sure the files are copied succesfully, since the hdd of the new dataset shows me the amount of the dataset volume.

Hopefully someone can help me out...

thanks

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I am not very competent in this SMB/Windows ACL thing but I suspect your problem lies there. I don't know if rsync is even capable of transferring all of the extended attributes and ACLs.

May I suggest using zfs send | zfs receive as an alternative? That will definitely give you a 100% identical copy.

Jamoer

Cadet
I am not very competent in this SMB/Windows ACL thing but I suspect your problem lies there. I don't know if rsync is even capable of transferring all of the extended attributes and ACLs.

May I suggest using zfs send | zfs receive as an alternative? That will definitely give you a 100% identical copy.

Ok, ill try it right away