copy and paste folder or file

Seb_Trim

Cadet
Good morning,

I have a problem copying and pasting a folder or file in the same directory with the trueNas server in Version TrueNAS-13.0-RELEASE in NAS7

At first the problem was random and now it is persistent under Windows 10 pro version 22h2.

I can no longer copy and paste in the same directory of the truenas server:

- Example: \\truenas\test , it is very long from 1 minutes to 1 hours if there is no crash
- Creation of a new dataset \\truenas\test2 with all user rights same problem
- Deletion problem which takes very long from 1 minute to 1 hour if there is no crash

Protocol check: samba 3.1.1 on Windows

Nothing in logs and user rights

Each time I have to restart my truenas, but that is not a solution.

Have you ever encountered this type of problem?

On the other hand there are no problems under debian 11.5

Thanks in advance

Seb_Trim

Cadet
hello,
I have a problem copying a DNX file which is a video file on the TRUENAS server in the same directory there is a slowness problem...
with the TrueNAS-13 version but by the way I have no problem with a TrueNAS version FreeNAS-11.3-U5 and TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1
Do you have a solution ?
THANKS

NugentS

MVP
Post your hardware as per forum rules please.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
hello,
I have a problem copying a DNX file which is a video file on the TRUENAS server in the same directory there is a slowness problem...
with the TrueNAS-13 version but by the way I have no problem with a TrueNAS version FreeNAS-11.3-U5 and TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1
Do you have a solution ?
THANKS
13.0-RELEASE is not the latest release, it's the first release (ancient by software standards).

Seb_Trim

Cadet
Solution found for DNX

I found the solution for the problem of slow DNX files.

I upgraded to version 13.1, I updated the datasets.

This is new in version 13.1, there is no update of the datasets in version 13.0-u5.

Does anyone know what this dataset update does?

THANKS