Constantly Having to CHMOD - SABNZBD/SONARR/RADARR

amorak

Dabbler
Godo afternoon,

I am running Freenas 11.3, and have had this problem since I upgraded to 11.2 several months ago. I am hoping someone can help!

Essentially, the problem is, sometimes when sonarr or radarr sends a download to sabvnzbd, it downloads, but then I can't see it on my windows PC network drive, and neither can plex, as it won't show up in plex. I have to run a manual chmod on my media directors, and then the folders appear, and then plex can add them.

As a work around, I ran a cron job that runs a permissions.sh script to do this CHMOD every hour, but that's pretty...Tacky. I am hoping someone could give me some guidance on why this is occurring?

I tried resetting my default permissions on my tank pool, but that didn't seem to help...

I am not too concerned about access control (ie. permissions being too wide) as this freenas server just serves media to our home...

Thanks all!

amorak

Dabbler
I just ran "ls -l" and I noticed that the movies that windows and plex can't see are tagged "drwxrwx---+" Which I believe is 770. So why is radarr moving files over and tagging them 770? How do I adjust this to 755 or 777

Fredda

Guru
No, it's not. The "+" at the end makes the difference. This directory has extended permissions (ACLs) so the "ls -l" command is not telling the whole truth. Check the permissions with getfacl <directory>, especially the inheritance flags might be interesting.
Since 11.3 there is also an ACL Manager integrated into the GUI. (So I've heard, still on 11.2)

Scareh

Contributor
in sab you can specify the rights which it needs to give the files that it has downloaded:
config=> folders (tick show advanced settings) => set permissions for completed downloads.