Connecting a main server with the storage freenas server

Abdullahnah

Cadet
Hello,
we planing to use freenas but I would like to make sure of some detail:

1- we have to use the file in company in local ip address
EX: the employers working on some windows applications and must to use the file by local

2- we have ERP system and we want to upload the file from the the cloud server to freenas server

we upload some file to the ERP system but should be in freenas server not the main

3- share link from freenas server for public

we but some file in freenas storage and we need to share the file, can I share some link to allow the user download the file

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It isn't very clear from your post what you really want, but I think I can see that you will need to use something like a jail and an application like Nextcloud in that jail to publish the contents of some directories to the Web (or you can just use nginX or Apache if you're OK enough to manage that securely).

Note that in any case, you will need to connect that jail to the Internet and this should be done through some kind of reverse proxy or existing front-end service which uses SSL to ensure proper security for the access.

You should be able to create an SMB share to allow your internal staff to edit the file.

Your ERP will probably be able to use SFTP/SCP to move a file to FreeNAS, but it may not be desirable to manage a direct external connection from the cloud inwards to your FreeNAS... perhaps better to have FreeNAS using a cron job to go out and fetch it using SCP (you need to write that script and could either run it from the FreeNAS directly or in a jail if you prefer for more security/safety).

Last edited: