Connect to jail via NAT

Hey guys... i cant tell if im just colossally slow or what... but, when setting up a jail and allowing the network connection to be NAT... how do i connect to it? (Im sure its something simple im missing... BUT... i can not, for life of me, figure out what... )

For example: I set up Unifi jail... let it run the course, it tells me the admin portal is 192.168.1.2:8443 (My FreeNAS IP is 192.168.1.2)... but, if i try to connect, i get "Connection refused, the site cant be reached"... If i go and turn of NAT, and set the IP to an open one on my network, it's fine and i can connect to it...

Running: TrueNAS 12.0 (jails are loading up as 12.1), 96GB RAM, Xeon E5-2609 proc. (not that the specs should really matter).... the network is currently a bunch of Ubiquiti gear... 2 networks (one at X.X.1.X, the other at X.X.2.X (the 2.X is for all the IoT gear in the house.... and currently, the unifi software runs off of another box... i need to take that box down for a couple hours and want to make sure the network stays up in the meantime, so figured freenas would be perfect for a temp unifi controller server...)

Any help is appreciated...

donnie12

Dabbler
Hey guys... i cant tell if im just colossally slow or what... but, when setting up a jail and allowing the network connection to be NAT... how do i connect to it? (Im sure its something simple im missing... BUT... i can not, for life of me, figure out what... )

For example: I set up Unifi jail... let it run the course, it tells me the admin portal is 192.168.1.2:8443 (My FreeNAS IP is 192.168.1.2)... but, if i try to connect, i get "Connection refused, the site cant be reached"... If i go and turn of NAT, and set the IP to an open one on my network, it's fine and i can connect to it...

Running: TrueNAS 12.0 (jails are loading up as 12.1), 96GB RAM, Xeon E5-2609 proc. (not that the specs should really matter).... the network is currently a bunch of Ubiquiti gear... 2 networks (one at X.X.1.X, the other at X.X.2.X (the 2.X is for all the IoT gear in the house.... and currently, the unifi software runs off of another box... i need to take that box down for a couple hours and want to make sure the network stays up in the meantime, so figured freenas would be perfect for a temp unifi controller server...)

Any help is appreciated...
did you find a solution to this?