Configure Network Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

agray19

Cadet
I have the FreeNAS up and working.

I would like to reset the network interface (re0) from DHCP to Fixed IP. Can I use the FreeNAS GUI to do that or do I have to use the FreeBSD console setup option #1 (Configure Network Interfaces)? If it can be done through the GUI, are there instructions? If not, where could I find instruction for FreeBSD network interfaces configuration?
Thanks,
AG

JaimieV

Guru
In the GUI. Network/Interfaces, pick yours, then in the panel that pops up untick DHCP and edit away. Get it right or you'll have to go to the console to fix it!

agray19

Cadet
I did it right the first time ... the GUI is not exactly like say Ubuntu/Linux but it's close, it works fine.:)
Thanks you,
Alex

JaimieV

Guru
Excellent! Yes, there's always the same info needed to configure a network interface, doesn't matter which OS.
Oh, if you're used to Linux then you probably won't know that the documentation for FreeNAS is very good and very usable to learn from - it's sort of the opposite of manpages. Worth reading to get you going, and also Cyberjock's presentation in the sticky at the top of the FreeNAS 4 Noobs forum. Read that if you're using ZFS at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.