Config file will not download

SNE

Dabbler
Hello I was running FreeNAS-11.2-U7 and when I go to System->General and click 'Save Config' after I choose to Export Password secret Seed, it says 'Download Successful Success' immediately without asking me where to save the file as it usually does, and in fact nothing downloads. I have another FreeNAS server running the same version and it downloads its config file successfully.
I tried upgrading to U8, and this did not solve the problem.

This server has 128GB ECC RAM, Xeon E5-2620 processor - no problems other than this to report.

pab49162

Dabbler
Hi,

I believe I have the same problem that you are seeing. I have experienced this problem since 11.2-U5 but I see it only with Firefox. I had previously written this forum posting on this issue:

https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/11-2-u5-can't-save-config-using-new-web-interface.77886/

With the 11.2-U7 and 11.2-U8, I no longer see the words "undefined" at the bottom of the log output area but the download still doesn't work in Firefox. Chrome now appears to work just fine.

The workaround I came up with is to use the Legacy Web Interface to save the configuration file when using Firefox. Not exactly sure why the old interface works and the new one doesn't.

Hope this helps.

Paul

SNE

Dabbler
Thanks Paul! I did try this in Chrome, but the most recent Chrome version does not allow me to connect to the server because I have a self-signed cert and I can't seem to bypass that in Chrome anymore.
In any case, after reading your post, I tried from Firefox on another computer and it worked! It gave me a warning about allowing a popup and when I did, the file open/save dialog box appeared and I was able to save the .tar file. I added the server ip address to the allowed popups list.

This still does not explain why the other server worked fine on that other computer in Firefox - I will check to see if perhaps its ip address was in the 'allowed popups' list in Firefox on that machine.

Bottom line - this is probably due to aggressive security settings in the browsers...

pab49162

Dabbler
Thanks for the info and based on your reply, I think I found the solution.

When I am accessing my server via Firefox, I see a icon to the left of the address in the address bar showing that I have pop-ups blocked for this website. When I click on that icon, I get an options window that allows me to change the setting for pop-up windows - I have attached an screenshot.

When I changed the setting for this site to allows pop-ups, the file open/save dialog box appeared and I can save the .tar file.

Again, that for the info and hopefully this solutions works for you as well.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 265