Cobia - no collectd based reporting?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Hi all,

I cannot find the reporting settings in my Cobia system to push data to my Influx/Grafana server like I do with my CORE systems.
Is this feature missing from SCALE or am I blind?

Thanks!
Patrick

LarsR

Guru
Scale switched the reporting to netdata, but i dont know If that means that collectd is no longer required and therefore depreciated.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
OK - let me rephrase the question: how can I get metrics to an external reporting system?

LarsR

Guru
My guess would be to use the prometheus chart from truecharts - but i don't know if it only works with their apps, or if it also works with the system metrics...

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Can a metrics collector running inside a container get at system data like SSD temperatures?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer

troys

Cadet
Prior to upgrading to Cobia, I exported system metrics to graphite and had a nice little grafana dashboard ):

VR46

Dabbler
My Grafana dashboard is also now blank, would love to know if anyone found a solution.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Graphite reporting is back in the last release. "Reporting" in the main menue, "Exporters" in the upper right corner.

I do not mind if it's collectd or anything different as long as it can write to InfluxDB.

VR46

Dabbler
Thanks, I didn't even realize they pushed an update two days ago. Now let's see how much I have to update from what it was before.