Cloud Sync Task - Incomplete Data from Backblaze B2

wienck12

Cadet
Hi there TrueNAS family!

TLDR PULL task from Backblaze B2 results in incomplete dataset (~3GB or 1.75TB), but shows as running successfully.

Backstory:

I have been using a repurposed Datto SB1000 backup appliance running TrueNAS since early 2020. It has been a great fit to store my documents and Plex content. Back in May I moved and placed the majority of my stuff in storage. On July 4th, someone cut the lock from my unit and stole everything - including my TrueNAS and all of my external drives containing the same content.

While this sucked, I didn't panic to much as I had been syncing my nas to Backblaze B2.

Fast forward to August, I finally was able to source another Datto unit and install TrueNAS-12.0-U5. (I don't remember what version I was running on my previous NAS. I assume it was older, but not any older than a year.)

Issue:

Once I got my unit setup again, I added my cloud credentials and created a Cloud Sync Task PULL using the B2 bucket, encryption password and encryption salt. When I run the task, it works for a minute or two and then shows "complete." My problem is that the task only pulled down ~ 3 GB of data, but my B2 bucket is closer to 1.75 TB.

Troubleshooting:
I have tried the following

1. Searching all over the forums and google
2. Deleting the task and creating a new one
3. Changing the transfer mode from COPY to SYNC
4. Running the task with "Filename Encryption" both enabled and disabled
5. Pulling individual folders vs the full bucket

When I try and run a "Dry Run" I get the "There was nothing to transfer"

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 6.07.12 PM.png

Am I missing something? Is my configuration wrong? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. (Also if this has been discussed elsewhere, I apologize - please direct me to those threads.)

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 5.59.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 5.59.57 PM.png

profwalken

Patron
Hi, did you found a solution ?
I get same kind of behavior but in the opposite way, I'm trying to backup from TN13 to BB2 and result is in between nothing and a small part of source content copied.
Tried a lot of change on both side, been to BB2 account deletion and recreate from scratch with no improvements. Task on TN side have been deleted too and recreated.
BB2 support point me to a TN problem only ?? but how to know what's the real cause?

NiallCon

Cadet
Same here on Truenas Scale. It won't upload a dataset with nested datasets.
I've tried to create a separate task just for the nested datasets and it gives me a 'success' but I can tell that it's done nothing and when I log into Backblaze.....they are not there.