SOLVED Clone won't delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mays

Dabbler
Hello. Have a freenas system running the following....

Build FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 (561f0d7a1)
Platform Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz
Memory 16353MB
System Time Mon Aug 27 17:39:21 EDT 2018
Uptime 5:39PM up 15 days, 14 mins, 0 users
Load Average 1.04, 1.07, 0.99

I know I need to upgrade to 11.x but the problem I am having is really the only one I've ever had with the current systems. I have created several clones in the past to get things out of snapshots, and then deleted them, but a while back I created one clone, and then it wouldn't let me deleted. I try deleting it, but the screen just comes back and it's still there. I have created and deleted other clones since then. It's just one clone that won't go away.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-08-27 17.08.48.png
    Screenshot 2018-08-27 17.08.48.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 203

kdragon75

Wizard
Do you have any snapshots or clones that are dependant on this? Is it in use under any shares, jails, or other mounts? Does lsof | grep "clone-name" give any hints? How about errors from zfs destroy pool/clone-name?

Joe Mays

Dabbler
>Do you have any snapshots or clones that are dependant on this?

A number of snapshots have been created for the clone, but it won't let me delete those either. Shouldn't any snapshots within the clone be destroyed with the clone?

> Is it in use under any shares, jails, or other mounts?

I do not believe it is shared or mounted anywhere.

> Does lsof | grep "clone-name" give any hints?

No.

Code:
[root@winsan01 ~]# lsof | grep "WinCustMailData-auto-20180814.1300-2d-clone"	
lsof: WARNING: compiled for FreeBSD release 10.3-RC2; this is 10.3-STABLE.	 
[root@winsan01 ~]#	   

> How about errors from zfs destroy pool/clone-name?

Never used this command line command before, and "destroy" doesn't show up in the list of options for the zfs command. I don't know how to tell what the pool name for the clone is. In short, kinda afraid to try this command. :smile:

Joe Mays

Dabbler
I was incorrect about one thing. df did show the clone volume as mounted on the freenas unit, though I don't recall having mounted it at any time. Anyway I used umount to unmount it, df does not show it as mounted anymore, but it still will not allow me to delete it.

kdragon75

Wizard

Joe Mays

Dabbler
I had to upgrade the system to 11.1 U6 anyway, so I tried deleting the clone again after the inevitable reboot, and it deleted fine. I'm guessing this probably had more to do with rebooting the system, thus clearing whatever it was that had an attachment to the clone, than with the upgrade. Anyway, the clone is gone. Thanks for all the help. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.