CIFS Share (Permission denied)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arameen

Contributor
Hi
Am new to freeNAS.
Trying to set up the share, it worked fine and i could add the networkdrive in win 7 pro. Problem is i can not write anything in that drive. Getting Permission denied on the whole drive. Made several tries with same result.
I followed several freeNAS guides, the official manual and on youtube I followed those exactly but i get permission denied all time.
The only setting i couldn't find when following those guides was the "Authentication Model" but i doubt that is the problem.
Does the manual assume same setting that i am missing ?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
LOL. The authentication model is *extremely* critical. That determines how your username/passwords authenticate (which in turn determines *if* they will even validate). ;)

Now when you say you doubt that's the problem do you mean that you are sure that it's authenticating and accepting the username/password? If so, how do you know this?

arameen

Contributor
my misstake not expressing myself correctly, I was in hurry to post since i got issue with this lately and i have been stressed to get my data moved from my nas4free server to my new freeNAS server :)

I followed the guides and even looked by myself, there is no Authentication Model setting to choose unlike what is mentioned in the guide. I am using the latest freeNAS.
Because i could not choose any specific setting for the authentication in freeNAS i sayied that I don't think that is the problem, meaning i think the default setting that I can not see anyway is correct.
Is the guide outdated? because I can not find that setting anywhere in the GUI ?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
If you are still having problems, post the following:
  • FreeNAS server hardware specifications
  • /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
  • output of "getfacl /mnt/<pool>/<shared folder>"
For the sake of thoroughness, try changing your user's password and authenticating with new credentials (to rule out a general 'accidentally forgotten password' problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.