CIFS protected share trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

XFalloutX

Cadet
FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-x86 (10351)

Ok I'm having trouble with a CIFS protected share. I have one volume named Lookup and a CIFS share to it that everyone can access and it works just fine.
I then have another volume called everacc. The owner user is set to nobody and the owner group is set to everacc. In the group I have one person thats Lee. The group has read write and execute. I then have a CIFS share set to that volume. When I try to access it from a windows XP machine I am asked for a user name and password and when I enter it in it says I don't have permission. Is there something I'm missing? Also if need be I could set up one user and password for it instead of having several people in a group if that is easier.

gpsguy

XFalloutX

Cadet
You might need to do issue chmod & chgrp commands from the server CLI. I followed protosd's tips, to do something similar to what you're doing. See here for details: http://protosd.blogspot.com/2011/12/general-permissions-sharing-folders.html

Thanks I'll look at it and give it a try.

It was helpful in creating the anonymous access share that everyone can get to. As for the protected share not so much.

XFalloutX

Cadet
[root@NASServer] ~# ls -ld /mnt/filestorage/everacc
drwx------+ 2 lee everacc 11 Apr 26 09:00 /mnt/filestorage/everacc/

lee should have access right?? but I'm still getting you might not have permission error

*EDIT* Never mind I did something stupid and it is working now. I had a mapped network drive to the NAS server already and it didn't like me trying to connect to it with two differnt credentials at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.