CIFS crashed / won't start on new 9.2.1 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerX

Cadet
Build a new 9.2.1 NAS, set up volumes, set up CIFS shares, was starting to migrate data. In the middle of the night, the shares stopped responding, and I get an Access Denied error trying to write to them.

Check settings, everything looks OK, go to stop and restart CIFS in the console, refuses to start. /var/log/messages shows:

Feb 21 08:51:39 freenas generate_smb4_conf.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: zfs list -H -o mountpoint
Feb 21 08:51:39 freenas generate_smb4_conf.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /usr/local/bin/pdbedit -d 0 -i smbpasswd:/tmp/tmpUfE94i -e tdbsam:/var/etc/private/passdb.tdb -s /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf
Feb 21 08:51:40 freenas notifier: winbindd not running? (check /var/run/samba/winbindd.pid).
Feb 21 08:51:40 freenas notifier: smbd not running? (check /var/run/samba/smbd.pid).
Feb 21 08:51:40 freenas notifier: nmbd not running? (check /var/run/samba/nmbd.pid).
Feb 21 08:51:40 freenas notifier: Performing sanity check on Samba configuration: FAILED

I've run a testparm, it looks fine. The logs in /var/log/samba4 are not being updated (last updates were when service started yesterday.

Sorry, first time user, this has me scratching my head... nothing changed, it just quit and won't restart.

krikboh

Patron
Are you actually running 9.2.1? There were many samba issues and 9.2.1.1 was released yesterday to correct them.

RogerX

Cadet
Oooh, I missed that. I am running 9.21 (imaged my USB stick last weekend.) I'll upgrade and try again.

RogerX

Cadet
FWIW, the downloads page is broken; links for 9.2.1.1 redirect to the home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.