Changing USB Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacopx

Patron
Good Morning!
I'm running my system from a mirror-0 of two Kingston G4 32gb stick, one of these has failed today. This stick are big (real dimensions, not of storage) and I want to change it with a smaller one, SanDisk SDCZ43-016G-G46 x2, is possible to replace all my boot drive with these that are SMALLER (King 32gb -> SanDisk 16gb)? I can do it with the classical replace procedure? Thanks [emoji4]

P.s. My system is around 2.50gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
No, you'd have to reinstall and upload the config.

Jacopx

Patron
No, you'd have to reinstall and upload the config.

But what is the problem? The changing of the storage dimensions or the hardware of the stick?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
But what is the problem? The changing of the storage dimensions or the hardware of the stick?
You can't reduce the size of a ZFS pool, so you'd need a new device with at least as much capacity as the old one.

Jacopx

Patron
You can't reduce the size of a ZFS pool, so you'd need a new device with at least as much capacity as the old one.

Ok, thanks! [emoji6]

Jacopx

Patron

Is this procedure will work:
1) Save .db config
2) Start the system installer with the new two stick plugged (and a third one for the installation .iso)
3) Install the system in the two new stick
4) Start the new system

A - Import the drives
B - Restore the old .db config from GUI

7) Finish

Is there some difference if i'll do one of the A or B operation before the other? (I think that my order are correct)
Is there some difference between mirror install or adding mirror stick after installation and restore?

Jacopx

Patron
Status
Not open for further replies.