SOLVED Can't use my domain name with Nextcloud

WoisWoi

Dabbler
Hi,

I don't get it, I've setup a domain name for my nextcloud cloud.domain.name and nextcloud is forcing the redirection from the domain name to the IP local adresse (https://192.168.10.100:9001)...
I've setup a domain name on another app to verify, and it's working as intended.

I'm using Cloudflare to manage my DNS and NPM (Nginx Proxy Manager) to manage the proxy.

Here is my configuration :

NPM Proxy
1705396250412.png

Router Firewall
1705396329775.png

Nextcloud config.php

1705396498710.png

DNS Cloudflare
1705396661865.png

Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You shouldn't use overwrite.cli.url if you're using the other options to mess with the URL.

The problem you're complaining about is exactly what you have set it to do with that setting.

WoisWoi

Dabbler
You shouldn't use overwrite.cli.url if you're using the other options to mess with the URL.

The problem you're complaining about is exactly what you have set it to do with that setting.
It was set to default and I've tried to put the domain name thereafter, and it did not solve the problem.
Then by searching on the subject, I saw a post of someone having a similar issue and that was (part of) his setup/config when his problem was solved... That's why.

Edit : So I changed the config file as you said, and the problem as expected, isn't gone.

Last edited:

LarsR

Guru
first thing that's different to my cloudflare settings is that my A-Record points to my root domain and then i have a cname added for the subdomain.
A-Record Name is "my-domain.com" and IPv4 address is mypublic ip
CNAME Name "cloud" and Target is "my-domain.com"

But i'm not using npm but traefik and the truecharts ingress settings, so i'm not sure if the settings are for npm should be the same.

WoisWoi

Dabbler
first thing that's different to my cloudflare settings is that my A-Record points to my root domain and then i have a cname added for the subdomain.
A-Record Name is "my-domain.com" and IPv4 address is mypublic ip
CNAME Name "cloud" and Target is "my-domain.com"

But i'm not using npm but traefik and the truecharts ingress settings, so i'm not sure if the settings are for npm should be the same.
I can't do this ATM because the main domain is pointing to another server, and I do not believe that the problem is here, since the domain name is working properly with another app. I believe the problem is related to nextcloud and/or truenas config.

Like, should I setup something here in the Nextcloud app (on Truenas) :

1705401404358.png

WoisWoi

Dabbler
OK, problem solved.
It was the Windows app... after a complete reinstallation, it is working ! :)